Pinballz Arcade Engagement & Bull Creek District Park Photos
There’s rhyme to the reasoning
Why the arcade theme? This couple’s first date was at Pinballz! So this was the perfect location for their engagement session. These two formed a synth indie pop band together called Moonray, which features music with classic 70s and 80s vibes, so this retro-themed session truly reflected their style and a bit of who they are—exactly what engagement photos should do. This Pinballz arcade engagement was every bit as fun as it looks! This was a whirlwind 90 minute photo shoot, and it was amazingly fun every step of the way. For this retro game-inspired engagement session, the couple knew what they wanted, and we made it happen!
I have never experienced a shoot in an arcade before, and it was so much fun playing with all the light and colors. Who knew there were so many fun photo opportunities in an arcade? With the great energy and interesting lighting, all three of us let our creative hearts run wild! It was awesome, and this ended up being one of my favorite shoots!
After the gaming venue, the couple dressed up a bit and headed to Bull Creek District Park. I love the juxtaposition between their fun and edgy arcade photos and the more formal outdoor portraits. She is just gorgeous, and her hair and eyes looked amazing with her red dress. At the park, the river flowed swiftly over the rocky creek bed and the greenery complemented her red dress well. He looked so sharp in his white button down and cobalt blue coat.
My favorite thing about their engagement session is that they opted to incorporate two different styles for a diverse collection of photos. Both styles reflect who they are as a couple. They can use the more formal portraits for framing or sending to parents, grandparents, etc, but some of the more romantic arcade shots will be appreciated by them as a couple forever, symbolizing the beginning of their long adventure together. Check out some other engagement session photos on our blog to see the outfit changes!
- Albums & Products (12)
- Austin Bridal Photographer (7)
- Austin Elopement Photographer (5)
- Austin Engagement Photographer (30)
- Austin Engagement Photographer (GIA) (9)
- Austin event photographer (8)
- Austin Family Photographer (8)
- Austin Headshot Photographer (1)
- Austin Mitzvah Photographer (2)
- Austin Wedding Photographer (95)
- Austin Wedding Photographer (GIA) (10)
- Awards & Features (12)
- Destination Wedding Photographer (7)
- Dripping Springs Wedding Photographer (1)
- For Photographers (3)
- Horseshoe Bay Wedding Photographer (2)
- Houston Wedding Photographer (1)
- San Antonio Wedding Photographer (1)
- Tips for the Bride and Groom (12)
- Wedding Vendors I Love (2)